I am excited to share this post because it’s always exciting to share your favorite recipes! One of my favorite things to make and eat in the winter is soup! This Ham & Potato soup is at the top of my list as well as my husband and kids! I love kid friendly meals 🙂 It is so so good and easy! I did change a few things but there will be a link to the original recipe under the picture!
- 3 cups peeled & diced potatoes
- 4 celery stalks
- 1/3 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked ham (I used a ham steak and brown it first)
- 32 oz chicken or vegetable broth
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- 5 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- Salt & pepper
- Add diced potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, and ham to a stock pot with chicken broth. Bring to a boil and let cook until potatoes are tender. About 15 minutes.
- In a sauce pan melt the butter and add the flour. Stir constantly until it thickens. Slowly add in milk and continue to stir until it is mixed together and thickened.
- Stir milk mixture into the soup and add salt and pepper to taste. Let cook a few minutes to let flavors come together.
Let me know if you try it! It’s one of my favorite recipes!
After dinner my daughter wanted to make dessert. Who can say no to chocolate? So I let her get to work!
I’m not too fond of the chocolate pen as it seems to never work right! The chocolate melts in a bowl of hot water which is usually quick and easy but the pen never works right! I could spend 20 minutes trying to set the chocolate up right with the tools and to get it to work right with the pen. It’s just a waste of time in my opinion! The stuff inside the pen is sometimes too loose to even push the chocolate out.
Sooo she ended up melting the chocolate, cutting the bags open and using a baby spoon to fill them into the chocolate trays.
In the end we ended up with yummy chocolate! The chocolate in the pouches actually tastes pretty good but the pen is not worth the time to try and use.