SHUT THE FRONT DOOR – Yes, this is another smore cookie recipe in the same week and it’s OUT OF THIS WORLD! So I’m not even ashamed! These cookies were a big hit with my family and I hope you love them too! I ate three before I even finished making the whole batch – oops!
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 all purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 Hershey bars – broken into bits
- mini marshmallows
- Mix together butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and graham cracker crumbs.
- Add chocolate chips
- Using a cookie scoop place on tray (about 9 per tray)
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and add marshmallows (I added 3 to each cookie)
- Cook for 3 minutes
- Remove from oven and add Hershey bits. (I put 2 bits on each cookie)
- Let cool on tray for 5 minutes before moving to cooling rack
Find the original recipe here!
Now a little something for the mommas out there! Every mom likes to feel pretty and my weakness is always mascara even if I don’t have time for anything else. I’m going to share my absolute favorite!
I’ve tried out many mascaras but these two are my favorite so far! I put a coat of Urban Decay Perversion and put a coat of Benefit Roller Lash on top. I love the results I get from these mascara’s together. They apply easily and smooth. I don’t have a problem with clumping and it also removes easily. I hate when you fall asleep with mascara on and you wake up with eyelashes that are a sticky mess – I’ve never had it happen with these 2!
Anyone else use these mascara’s? What’s your favorite – let me know why I need to try it!
I am excited to share this post because it’s always exciting to share your favorite recipes! One of my favorite things to make and eat in the winter is soup! This Ham & Potato soup is at the top of my list as well as my husband and kids! I love kid friendly meals 🙂 It is so so good and easy! I did change a few things but there will be a link to the original recipe under the picture!
- 3 cups peeled & diced potatoes
- 4 celery stalks
- 1/3 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked ham (I used a ham steak and brown it first)
- 32 oz chicken or vegetable broth
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- 5 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- Salt & pepper
- Add diced potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, and ham to a stock pot with chicken broth. Bring to a boil and let cook until potatoes are tender. About 15 minutes.
- In a sauce pan melt the butter and add the flour. Stir constantly until it thickens. Slowly add in milk and continue to stir until it is mixed together and thickened.
- Stir milk mixture into the soup and add salt and pepper to taste. Let cook a few minutes to let flavors come together.
Original Ham & Potato Soup
Let me know if you try it! It’s one of my favorite recipes!
After dinner my daughter wanted to make dessert. Who can say no to chocolate? So I let her get to work!
I’m not too fond of the chocolate pen as it seems to never work right! The chocolate melts in a bowl of hot water which is usually quick and easy but the pen never works right! I could spend 20 minutes trying to set the chocolate up right with the tools and to get it to work right with the pen. It’s just a waste of time in my opinion! The stuff inside the pen is sometimes too loose to even push the chocolate out.
Sooo she ended up melting the chocolate, cutting the bags open and using a baby spoon to fill them into the chocolate trays.
In the end we ended up with yummy chocolate! The chocolate in the pouches actually tastes pretty good but the pen is not worth the time to try and use.
My daughter loves cats! When my mom saw these Hello Kitty cookies she knew she had to get them for her. We had another snow day today so we spent some time making these cute little cookies!
The mix is super simple! You only need 1/3 cup vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon of water and 1 egg. Once you mix it all together the dough turns a pretty pink!
It was easy enough my 5 year old was almost able to do it all on her own.
Once the balls are rolled out you have to flatten them and then stick these cute little hello kitty edible paper on.
Overall the cookies were pretty good. The paper was a little weird on top of the cookie. It wasn’t that it had a bad taste because it had no taste. It just was a weird texture mixture with the cookie. After my first one the texture issue didn’t bother me as much with the second. My kids ended up peeling the kitty off and eating the cookie.
This was a cute, inexpensive mix and my daughter was super proud for making them on her own!